New Space

New Space
You will love the view!

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

WISHING YOU ENOUGH



I wish you enough:

This is how he ended the message.

Now he asks, “what does this mean to me?”
Enough....
“Enough is enough.”
“There is never enough....”

“Enough!!”
The word appears strange when studied closely
I’ve used that word
Spoke it,
Written it,
Without ever really seeing it.

Perhaps it is “enough” to see it in this new light.
A strange looking word...e...n...o...u...g...h
An ample supply
A sufficiency
Enough is relative....

A sufficiency as required by a certain demand;
And so
To wish me enough is saying
I hope you have what is sufficient for your demands
And yet, for some, enough is never sufficient
To wish me enough
Is to say to me
“May you find peace with what you have,
Whatever that is,
May it be
Enough.”
 
And so, what is enough......no thing is enough.

It is an attitude of heart
That finds comfort and peace in other than things,
That finds peace
With what is.
Enough said.

3 comments:

  1. I always know when enough is enough, after the fact.
    But I never get enough of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting one of my favorite poems. "Getting" the concept of ENOUGH has been life-changing for me. My initial thought was to wonder what the author had against abundance. Then I realized Enough is Abundance-Without-Waste. Enough is sustainable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon....thanks for you comments. I am actually the author of the poem above, though I did a quick google of poems titled ENOUGH just now and found several of that title (Sarah Teasdale perhaps the most well-known poet) but none anything like what I have written. So interesting that it feels so familiar to you. Just another indicator of that connectedness between us all.

    ReplyDelete